This belt proves that you have a thorough understanding of the Lean Six Sigma methodology, practice and analytical tools. With these, you can work effectively as the team leader of complex breakthrough process improvement projects. Also, it shows that you can support and supervise process improvement teams.
There are no formal requirements for taking the course.
- Employees involved in improvement projects
- Team Managers
- Team leaders
- Project Managers
- Line Managers
- Change Managers
- Human Resources Managers
- Improvement Managers
- IT Managers
- Finance Managers
- Anyone interested in learning and applying Lean Six Sigma principles
Here, the exam is of two types. The first is the theory exam while the second is the practical assessment. The theory exam takes the format shown below.
Theory Exam Format:
- Multiple choice questions
- 60 questions in total
- Pass mark – 38 (63%)
- 3-hour duration
- Calculators are allowed for this exam
In contrast, the practical assessment is for those who want to prove their continual involvements in improvement projects. After passing the Black belt theory exam, you can choose to take the assessment or not. In other words, the practical assessment is not compulsory. Should you wish to take the assessment, you must satisfy the following conditions:
- The submission of two Lean Six Sigma projects to APMG for assessment.
- Each submitted project must demonstrate an achievement of saving/cost avoidance of at least € 50,000 per year.
- Each project must be signed-off by the Champion and Financial Controller.
- The Practical Assessment must be taken within 3 years of passing the Black belt theory exam.
Exam content outline
Please, visit our ‘Lean Six Sigma Resources‘ page to learn more.