PRINCE2 Pass Mark
One of the most asked questions by any candidate sitting an exam is “What is the PRINCE2 pass mark?”. This curiosity is usually borne out of fear or the need to plan for success. It is however imperative to know that success in any exam requires some inputs from you.
What is a good pass mark for PRINCE2 exam?
This depends on what each candidate’s expectation is. However, the examination board pegged the PRINCE2 pass mark at 50 per cent for the PRINCE2 Foundation exam (that is, 35 marks out of 70 questions marked as 5 questions are for trial purposes) and 55 per cent for the PRINCE2 Practitioner exam (44 marks out of 80 marks available).
Scoring high marks in any PRINCE2 exams is dependent on the following:
- Level of preparation or efforts on the part of the candidates
- Quality of training received
- project management experience and other attributes.
Marks scored by candidates do not reflect on their certificates. Candidates are only expected to score the minimum mark (PRINCE2 pass mark) to obtain PRINCE2 certification.
PRINCE2 exam structure at the foundation and practitioner levels are quite different. The PRINCE2 Foundation exam is multiple choice (objective) which tests the knowledge of PRINCE2, so that candidates can work as an informed member of the project management team where PRINCE2 is used. Similarly, PRINCE2 Practitioner exam is also a multiple choice exam, but in contrast, the application of PRINCE2 knowledge to a given project scenario is tested. The exams styles are different as questions are asked in different ways that includes, critiquing of documents, matching questions with the right words, assertions and reasons, and classic questioning. To score the PRINCE2 pass mark in practitioner exam is not as easy as the scoring the PRINCE2 pass mark in foundation exam.
Increasing your chance of scoring the PRINCE2 pass mark
In order to increase your chances of success in PRINCE2 exams, the following should be paid attention to:
- Devote enough time to Self–Study: Sitting for PRINCE2 Exam only will require efforts from the candidates to study on their own using the recommended PRINCE2 manual. It will also be imperative to try some PRINCE2 exam practice questions so as to get familiar with the questioning styles. It is probably the cheapest way to get PRINCE2 certification but the demerits outweighs the gain. Students often struggle to pass the exam when they do self –study,because it does not offer them access to experts’ guidance. The merit is that it gives candidate the flexibility of sitting the exam at their convenience.
- Use Accredited Training Organization: To be trained by an accredited training organization assures you of getting the right standard of training from expert PRINCE2 trainers. Candidates who get trained by experts have higher chance of success than those who do self-study. HARRYBAKER Training is an accredited training organization accredited by APMG (AXELOS)- which is one of the exam institutes; guarantees you success in your exam. We have accredited trainers, with years of experience in project management. Our classroom training is offered at an affordable price. Our 5 days PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner Classroom course offers you more value than you bargain.
- Make use of relevant material like PRINCE2 E- learning content that is developed in consistency with the PRINCE2 course syllabus. This might be particularly useful for individuals who have busy schedules